Beacon Riding Club Rules
- All riders whether competing or not must wear correctly fitting hard hats conforming to current British standards at all times when mounted
- All show jumping classes will be judged using B.S.J.A. rules as a guideline.
- All showing classes will be judged using B.S.P.S. rules as a guideline.
- The judge’s decision is final in all cases.
- Competitors must be correctly dressed i.e. jacket, collar and tie/stock, jodhpurs and riding boots when competing.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead and under control at all times.
- The Committee reserve the right to make changes to the schedule at any time without prior notice.
- Stallions shown in in-hand classes must be bitted (miniatures exempt), handlers must be 16yrs or over.
- The Beacon Riding Club or any person acting on its behalf shall not be held responsible for any accident or injury to any person, animal or property howsoever caused.
- It is the responsibility of all horse/pony owners to ensure that their animals are fully vaccinated against equine flu.
- Excessive use of whips is forbidden.
- Any rider, handler, owner or spectator seen to be mistreating their animal, will be asked to leave the showground immediately and reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Any rider, spectator, handler observed abusing judges, stewards or organisers of the show will be asked to leave the showground. The committee’s decision is final.
- The name of the horse/pony must be kept the same for the entire season; if it is changed a new set of points will be started.
- A child entering lead-rein classes may also enter other classes according to B.S.P.S. rules only i.e. First Ridden. Once off the lead rein in any other classes they may not return to the lead rein.
- Previous overall point’s winners in novice classes are not eligible to enter that class in subsequent seasons.
- Class entry fees are not returnable, were possible they may be transferred to another class at the same show.
- Any person wishing to make a complaint must do so in writing accompanied by £25.00 on the day. The complaint will be brought before the committee at the next meeting, if the complaint is justified the money will be returned. The committee’s decision is final.
- To qualify for end of year points/trophies the same horse/pony/rider combination must have competed in its class on THREE or more occasions.